We’ve all been there. It’s hot and stuffy and you want to leave the front door open to get a breeze going. But that’s just an invitation for crooks to come on in and help themselves to all your things!
If the ads on TV are to be believed, you could install a fancy security door and let in all the air and light you want while still preventing (or at least delaying) someone from sneaking in. Or, you could install Amplimesh® Security and guarantee your home safety for good. Read more
We are becoming an ‘automated’ society! Everything is controllable by the touch of a button, so why not blinds too!
Home automation is the latest buzz term in interior design. New home builders are now opting to connect all their electrical appliances to a home hub enabling remote access and automated programming.
Now on the drive home from work a simple flick of your iPhone can turn on the lights, warm the heater up and even close the roller blinds. But, no longer is this home feature restricted to the rich and famous, motorized blinds in particular, according to The Blind Factory Director, Brett Thomas have become an affordable addition for new and old homes of all scales. Read more
The Blind Factory’s latest addition almost has to be seen to be believed. Complete control of your motorised blinds from Manly to Mallacoota, Milan to Madrid – in fact, from anywhere in the world?
Meet The Blind Factory Hub. This nifty little device, hardly bigger than a smartphone, allows you to manage and control your Blind Factory motorised blinds at the touch of a button, whether you’re at home or abroad. All you need is a home WiFi connection, your smartphone or tablet, and The Blind Factory motorised blinds connected to the THE BLIND FACTORY APP!
Have a dilemma where you want to minimise UV rays during the day and maximise natural light while also providing increased insulation and privacy at night time? A dual roller system may be the answer as they truly offer the best of both worlds.
You’ve done your research and obtained three quotes from different window coverings suppliers, and they are all within a similar price range. So, how do you decide which to go with? Your head tells you it makes sense to go with the cheapest supplier, more budget left for other décor items. But then again, your heart tells you to choose the company who is the most genuine and trustworthy. Read more
Time to dust them off, ready for the hot weather!
- Always roll up or retract awnings in high winds and storms – the leverage exerted can strain fittings and mountings.
- Avoid rolling up awnings when wet.
- Keep your awnings clean. To remove dirt, brush dry fabric with a soft bristle brush and vacuum off any debris. Occasional hosing may remove dust and some ingrained dirt.
- Remove any mildew as it appears on the fabric. (although the blind factory awning fabric is mildew and rot resistant, it can grow on accumulated dirt). Mildew removers are primarily bleach based and manufacturer’s instructions must be followed.
- Keep vines and shrubs away from the fabric as they may contain acids that are harmful to the fabric.
- Always use your awning fully extended and periodically adjust awnings to their fullest extension if they have been in use partly retracted for any length of time.
Even rebecca judd loves our plantation shutters!
If you’re looking for a window covering solution that not only provides great light control and privacy but can also keep the heat out in summer and has definite designer wow, think plantation shutters! Read more